Grounded in agriculture, growing in innovation
Working within our Strategic Plan, to lead, live and invest in a dynamic, inclusive community, and committing to our values of Community, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration and Stewardship, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership and strategic direction to staff, the CAO, the Senior Management Team and also to Council.
Reporting to the CAO/Director of Finance (Treasurer) this position combines the merits of Economic Development and Community Services. Leading a talented team of staff, this position guides and inspires a dedicated workforce in their efficient delivery of these municipal services and helps shape a workplace culture founded on trust and transparency. The Director oversees the Economic Development and Community Services Department, liaises with the Economic Development Advisory Committee and the Recreation Committee. The Director is a visible partner in the community and workplace and a champion of community engagement, development and sustainability.
The leadership includes a diverse portfolio:
- Economic Development
- Planning and Development
- Community Services
- Project Management
- Departmental Budgeting
- Annual Business Plan
- Four (4) year University Degree in an appropriate discipline, preferably economic development, recreation, leisure studies, business administration or suitable equivalent in a related field.
- Five (5) years of related experience; or a combination of related education and experience.
- Progressive management experience. Leadership experience in a municipal or broader public, private or voluntary sector environment.
- Have sound judgement and poses the ability to champion the department to stakeholders, municipal staff and the public.
- Thorough knowledge of parks and recreation, arts and culture operations, programs and facilities, tourism and economic development.
- Certified Recreation Facilities Professional (CRFP) designation would be considered an asset.
- Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D.)
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Thorough understanding of municipal processes, including the Ontario Municipal Act, Planning Act and Regulations.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, facilitation, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Superior Expertise in developing and delivering digital content, graphic design and social media marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and foster a cooperative and positive work environment with multiple, cross functional stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and on a team working on multiple, complex and diverse projects.
A competitive salary including comprehensive benefits and pension plan.
North Middlesex is a community consisting of both long term residents and more recent arrivals. Our Community has abundant talent, rich history, natural beauty and bountiful resources. As an organization filled with dedicated and spirited employees, we act with honesty, integrity and respect. North Middlesex recognizes and values that people have lives outside of work. We offer flexibility with scheduling, have appropriate vacation entitlements and comprehensive benefits.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email.
If this employment opportunity is of interest to you, we invite you to view the complete job description on our website www.northmiddlesex.on.ca Municipal Employment Opportunities.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position on or before Friday, April 12, 2019 @4:30 p.m. to: email@example.com
The Municipality of North Middlesex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of the candidate selection.