Reporting to the Director, Economic Development, the Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for developing the strategic marketing plan, sourcing resources required to implement the plan, and monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators that are aligned with both long-range economic development plans and the Corporate Communications strategy. This role focuses on promoting Niagara as a location for both business and resident attraction.
Education & Knowledge
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or equivalent related field of study. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Master's degree level in Marketing, Public Relations or Business Administration, or equivalent related field of study is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing position working with traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Develops marketing strategies and annual marketing plans to support overall economic development goals and objectives.
- Supports team partners with marketing of their various initiatives including investment attraction, business retention and community outreach, along with any other initiatives delivered via the Director, Economic Development
- Initiates and champions special projects for strategic marketing development, based on current environment, often in partnership with external organizations.
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page. Job Opening # 25342
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than February 27, 2020 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Great Careers & Healthy Lifestyles
Located between lakes Erie and Ontario, the Niagara region consists of some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majestic Niagara Falls and a dozen communities that are rich in both history and recreational opportunities.
With over 3,000 employees, Niagara Region is responsible for such diverse areas as land use planning, transportation, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection and management, emergency medical services, public health, children’s services, and seniors’ programs to name a few. Niagara Region offers great career opportunities in municipal service and our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and wealth of programs will support your personal wellness and professional growth.We value Choice, Honesty, Respect, Partnerships, and Service. If you share the same passion, we want to hear from you.