Limited Term Contract Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development and working in collaboration with the Small Business Centre (SBC) and the Windsor-Essex Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, the Women Entrepreneurship Coordinator serves as the point-of-contact to help support local entrepreneurs and businesses by focusing on entrepreneurship as a way to encourage women to start and grow emerging technology businesses across all stages of business development by: enhancing data and knowledge; encouraging women entrepreneurship; helping women-owned businesses grow; and increasing representation of women in emerging technologies businesses.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders by building and nurturing effective and collaborative networks and relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the Windsor-Essex Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, seeking opportunities to enhance outcomes through partnerships, and implementing strategies that enhance collaboration and achievement of objectives.
- Support women entrepreneurs to access or participate in supplier diversity initiatives by working with Windsor-Essex Ecosystem to help women-led businesses access financing to grow their businesses through traditional financing mechanisms, new funding made available through the Women Entrepreneurship Strategy, or through venture capitalists and angel investors.
- Support women entrepreneurs to grow in markets abroad by building on the Windsor-Essex Region's locational advantage as a border city and promoting the benefits of cross-border trade.
- Coordinate networking events and run workshops to facilitate business opportunities
- Work with Women Business Enterprises Canada to support women entrepreneurs in learning about the benefits of supplier diversity initiatives as well as accessing and participating in supplier diversity initiatives.
- Increase the number of local businesses certified by WBE to grow their business by connecting them to large procurement channels.
- Strengthen business or entrepreneurial skills for women entrepreneurs by building on existing efforts to promote entrepreneurship through the entrepreneurship ecosystem in the Windsor-Essex Region and encourage more women to consider entrepreneurship in the area of emerging technologies.
- Support access to networking, matchmaking or mentorship for women entrepreneurs by developing a matchmaking program to pair a minimum of five women entrepreneurs who are starting a business in emerging technologies with a mentor who is or has had success in the emerging technologies sector.
- Maintain records, files, reports, and data as required
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Public Administration or related field. Graduate or professional degree strongly preferred.
- Experience in economic development, business development, strategy, or sales and marketing considered an asset
- Experience and expertise in entrepreneurship or within technology industries
- Strong network and knowledge of the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Windsor-Essex Region and Ontario
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across private, public, and social sectors
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to consistently and constructively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within WE EDC and with external partners
- Experience in project management, working with diverse stakeholder groups, negotiating and resolving issues with companies and partners
- Strong planning, analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong sense of integrity and high standards of excellence
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Strong social media skills
- Experience in developing proposals to access government funding
- Travel in Windsor and Essex County and occasional overnight and international travel
- Valid passport
- Some irregular hours to attend evening meetings and events
Qualified individuals should submit their resume to email@example.com by September 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation during the recruitment process is available for job applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation of any accommodation(s) that you may require.