Reporting directly to the Director of Planning, Development & Transit, the Economic Development Manager provides leadership to the County of Simcoe Economic Development program through strategic planning, partnership development, coordination and implementation of programs and activities, directing staff and administering day-to-day operations in accordance with the policies of the County and applicable Legislation.
- A degree in Planning, Business Administration, Political Science, Economics or equivalent.
- A Minimum of nine (9) years’ experience in planning, business administration, economic development, or marketing fields in the public or private sector or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Class G Driver’s License in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
- Comprehensive understanding of the operations of local, county and senior government as it affectsthe land use planning and economic development professionals.
- Ability to be diplomatic and tactful with local politicians, community leaders, government officials, members of professional organizations and representatives of federal foreign trade offices and other levels of government.
- Political acuity and sensitivity along with exemplary presentation and analytical skills.
$99,188 - $119,028 per annum
Employment status: Permanent Full-time
Reference code: 110
Location: Midhurst, Ontario
To apply:View the job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.