ECONOMIC DEVELOPERS COUNCIL OF ONTARIO (EDCO)
Marketing Awards Presentation
Request for Quote
The Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) is seeking a qualified consultant to provide professional services in the form of creating, coordinating and producing an enhanced multimedia presentation for the 2016 EDCO Marketing Awards ceremony to be held on February 9, 2017.
What is EDCO?
The Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) is Canada’s largest provincial economic development organization. Celebrating its 60th year, EDCO has increased the capacity of those who practice economic, industrial, and community development through professional development initiatives, information exchanges among members and the promotion of the economic development profession. It has also been a catalyst for assisting in the development and promotion of Ontario and its municipalities.
The membership of EDCO is comprised of specialists from various disciplines. Each contributes his or her expertise to the complex job of economic development.
The Council consists of:
- Municipal, Business and Economic Development Professionals
- Municipal, Regional, Provincial, Federal Government Officials
- Land Developers
- Educators and technology assistance developers and facilitators
- Industrial and Commercial Realtors
- Tourism Industry Representatives
- Industrial/Commercial/Tourism Development Specialists from Banks, Public Utilities and Transportation Companies
EDCO enjoys a close working relationship with the provincial and federal governments as well as links with other professional associations.
For further information, visit the EDCO website at www.edco.on.ca
Each year the Economic Developers Council of Ontario recognizes excellence in marketing through the Ontario Economic Development Awards of Excellence. Coordinated by the EDCO Awards Committee, all Ontario municipalities, development corporations, Chambers of Commerce, practitioners of economic development, and, tourism associations/groups are encouraged to submit marketing materials in the following categories (with sub categories):
Awards of Excellence
· Promotional Award
This category recognizes marketing initiatives created to promote business development in Ontario. Products recognized include:
- Publications (print or electronic)
- Technology and New Media
· Collaboration & Partnership Award
This category is designed to recognize significant partnerships formed to support economic development initiatives and results achieved by working together, including:
- Public-private partnerships
- Regionalism and cross-border collaborations
· Planning and Building Initiatives
The Planning and Building Initiatives category recognizes creative forms of improving community’s competitiveness. Awards are presented to organizations that have developed leading edge and innovative marketing programs, or designed and implemented new initiatives or best practices to foster economic growth in their jurisdictions. This category includes initiatives related to:
- Physical infrastructure and redevelopment initiatives
o Strategic Plans and initiatives (Includes Strategic Plans, Research Report/Study, Workforce Development, Business Retention & Expansion, Physician Recruitment)
Award winners in each category are eligible to receive the Lieutenant-Governors’ Best of Show Award for outstanding effort in economic development.
EDCO Leadership Awards
These awards recognize outstanding leaders in the public and private sectors who are advancing economic development in their communities. One individual will be presented in each category.
· Joseph Montgomery Economic Development Achievement Award
Celebrating one of the founding members of EDCO, the Joseph Montgomery Economic Development Achievement Award was created in 2010 and is awarded at the discretion of a selection committee upon receipt of nomination packages received. The award recognizes innovative contributions to EDCO and the economic development profession that go above and beyond.
· Community Leader Influencer Award
This award celebrates the excellence of elected officials and their support for the economic development mandate within their community. Criteria include recognition of an organized economic development function within the community and their support for economic development programming.
· Young Professional Influencer Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by a young, emerging leader in the economic development profession who demonstrates notable professional accomplishments to date and shows great future potential.
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual who excels at advancing their community through social media channels.
- INNOVATIVE COMMUNITY OF THE YEAR
Nomination made by video submission and judged by EDCO members.
Any member in good standing may self-nominate or nominate one or more candidate(s) for consideration. The entries detail their significant career achievements to date and the impact of those achievements on their economic development organization and the community as a whole, and also explain how they see these achievements contributing to the advancement of economic development as a profession. Applicants must be no more than 35 years of age on the deadline submission date set by EDCO for that year’s awards competition in order to be eligible for this award and must note their date of birth on their application.
· President’s Award
Each year, the EDCO President may present up to three awards to individuals who have contributed above and beyond the call of duty. Awards are presented at the discretion of the President and no application is necessary. Past winners of this prestigious award have included members who have demonstrated leadership in a variety of projects related to EDCO.
The Ontario Economic Development Awards of Excellence process is initiated in early fall with marketing materials being submitted to the EDCO Marketing Awards Committee in early November. Judging takes place in early-November. Winners are announced at the EDCO Annual Conference, President´s Dinner and Awards Ceremony in early February.
Awards of Excellence Media Presentation
The Ontario Economic Development Awards of Excellence are presented at the President’s Dinner & Awards Ceremony. There are two components to the Awards Media Presentation:
- Following the President’s Dinner, the Awards are announced and presented to the recipients by the MC and the EDCO President.
- A themed multimedia presentation is played during the Awards announcements. The PowerPoint presentation includes a creative theme that relates to the award categories, music, embedded video, images (EDCO can provide images where needed), the awards category title and the names of the award recipients and honorable mentions. Voice over for the awards winners should be part of the video presentation.
- The presentation video is expected to be approximately 30 - 45 minutes in length to accommodate breaks between award announcements, allowing award recipients to go to the stage and accept their award prior to the announcement of the next award.
Project Deliverables and Timelines
- The development of a minimum of three possible storyboards. The storyboards will include proposed themes related to the award categories (consideration should also be given to the broader EDCO Annual Conference theme “Ontario’s Economy- Driven by Innovation”, images, and music.
- A draft version of the selected multimedia presentation and dinner loop will be presented to the EDCO Marketing Awards Committee by January 3, 2017. The EDCO Awards Committee will provide final input and changes to the proponent by January 16, 2017.
- A final version of the multimedia presentation to the EDCO Marketing Awards Committee by January 23, 2017.
- It is expected the successful proponent will be in attendance at the dinner to run the presentation during the evening on February 9, 2017 at the Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre Hotel.
- Contract to be completed by February 9, 2017.
Skills Required of the Contractor
The Project Manager should possess the following skills and demonstrate these within the submitted proposal:
- Registered company with a minimum $2 million liability insurance policy.
- Background and education of proposed team members.
- Documented experience in enhanced PowerPoint production – three sample works must be submitted with proposal.
- Experience in working for committees and awards presentations involving similar projects.
Total budget for this project is $4,000 which includes provision for incidentals, travel, and meetings, excluding applicable taxes.
Submission of Proposal
Please provide an electronic copy of your proposal in Word or PDF format to Heather Lalonde, Ec.D. , Chief Executive Director, Economic Developers Council of Ontario at email@example.com
The Proposal is to be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, September 16, 2016.
Conflict of Interest
The consultant will identify any perceived conflict of interest before the proposal is submitted to the Economic Developers Council of Ontario.
Ownership of Collateral Materials
Upon completion of project, all material collected and created will become the property of the Economic Developers Council of Ontario Inc.